4.1.2022, 2:25 AM ET
Kissed by Fire
This month’s New Moon in Aries marks the “beginning of beginnings”. As the first New Moon that follows the Spring Equinox, it heralds a time of soulful kindling and conscious emergence, as we wake to those parts of ourselves that are finding their way to the light.
As the first sign of the zodiac, Aries is Cardinal Fire – Initiating, head-strong, and bold-fully courageous. New Moons in this sign seek to breathe new life into that part of you that is, and always has been, kissed by Fire.
Everyone has the sign of Aries in their chart somewhere, which means that everyone has a place within them that is forever seeking TO BE…
To be born.
To be taken seriously.
To be given a chance.
To be seen.
To be heard.
To be held.
And, yes… to be loved.
Being kissed by Fire means that you have accepted the call to declare your I AM – no matter the odds and no matter what has happened before… Because, in the fiery realm of Aries, the past is the kindling that teaches you how to fan your flames brighter, not the stuff that snuffs your flames out.
This month’s New Moon forms in close conjunction to Messenger planet Mercury, and Wounded Healer Chiron -all in tight square to the symbol of righteous rebellion and independence, Black Moon Lilith. It’s time to face our fears head on and give voice to that thing called desire. If there’s any part of you that was taught that your desires are not worthy, are not valid, or have no place in your world, then this New Moon invites you to unlearn that conditioning and burn those barriers down.
Aries invokes the archetype of the Sacred Warrior; while Mercury invokes the archetype of the Story-teller; Chiron invokes the archetype of the Healer; and, Lilith invokes the archetype of Righteous Rage in the Service of Liberation. This month, you’ve got stories to reframe, new chapters in your book of life to write, and transformational healing actions to take – because the Sacred Warrior within you is stirring. This is the time to be honest with yourself about where you have been wounded, hurt, or angry, and use that knowledge to forge your path of freedom and reconciliation from within.
Remember that New Moons symbolize new beginnings that are seeded in darkness, when the Moon is barely visible in the night sky – so, the next several days may feel reflective. Heed the call to listen to that inner voice of yours, because Aries is one of the signs that we most associate with Sacred Independence and Confidence. Though your story is meant to be lived in beautiful harmony with the stories of others, no one can tell it for you. Taking the time now to search your heart and search your soul in order to get in touch with your internal flames of healing and honor your own kiss of fire will form the fertile soil for your growth throughout this next Astrological year.
Take this time to mindfully plant the seeds of intention that speak to the burning desires of your heart.
New Moon Reflection Questions
Where is your Sacred Warrior within yearning to forge a new path?
Where is it time to release an old story and courageously face the fear of change?
In what areas of your life must you allow yourself to walk in Sacred Independence?
Aries New Moon Ritual
As the first sign of the zodiac, Aries represents the flame of beginning. The ritual below is designed to help you tap into your own flame of beginning – the sacred desire that has been lit within you. Fanning this flame helps you move through fear, tear down barriers of resistance, and forge the new ground that is calling to you.
For this ritual, you will need:
1. A quiet, comfortable space where you can sit undisturbed.
2. A candle, or candles, of your choice. If you wish, choose candles that you know somehow represent the burning desires of your heart, either in color, shape, or in any other way that feels significant to you.
3. Journal and writing utensil
4. Optional Tarot and/or Oracle deck
1. Choose a time and a space that allows you to truly relax and come back home to yourself.
2. Dim any lights of the room that you are in.
3. Have your journal and Tarot/Oracle decks handy, and arrange your candles in a straight line in front of you, from left to right.
4. Light your candles.
5. Sit quietly, palms facing upwards, and head gently lifted, with your gaze softly falling on the flames in front of you.
6. Breathe deeply – one, two, three times, or until you feel restored from within. With each inhale, feel your lungs completely expand, from bottom to top… and, with each exhale feel your lungs completely empty, from top to bottom.
7. When you’re ready, begin a quiet meditation for roughly 10 minutes, as the flames dance in front of you.
8. Now, if you wish, pull Tarot or Oracle cards to identify the desires you yearn to connect with, as well as any fears you must move through.
9. When you’re ready, say and complete this sentence aloud:
“The desires of my heart have been quiet long enough. Today, I affirm my right to be ______, to be _______, and to be _______. I feel the fear of ______, and I act anyway, for I know that courage is not necessarily the absence of fear, but the willingness to move through it. I am a Sacred Warrior in my own right, and I am fierce.”
10. Sit quietly for a moment, and then write down the completed sentence above in your journal.
11. When you are ready, blow out your lit candles, one by one, feeling each desire that they represent. Let your heart fill with gratitude for the sacred gift of this time and this place.
12. Over the next two weeks, as the Moon waxes in light, add to your journal entry, as you feel led. Pay particular attention to any urgings or promptings that you feel from within, especially around the time of the waxing Crescent and First Quarter Moons.